Wednesday 4 November 2009

two minutes of my life...

In our very busy and getting-more- busier world, where one really has just the optimum time to share stories and have a few laughs together and that too with limited group of people, Often coming across the otherwise makes me keep that smile a little longer in my head and my days becomes more beautiful.

Every morning, when I decide to get lazy and leave for office just in time to catch the 8.24 train, Aj drives me off to a station before the regular one as its more towards his office and I am early for the train due, hence this works well for catching the 8.24.

Anyway, this station is right next to a school zone and during school opening times, there will be a person at allocated crossings on road to assist the kids cross. This person moves to the centre of the street with a stop sign and a whistle to catch attention of the traffic and stop the vehicles, thus letting children cross the road. **

And I always cross the road at this children crossing, Not because all the vehicles will stop to let “her-majesty” or yours truly cross, But because I get to say hello to the person standing there (To make it easier let’s call her C. C is one such person, who truly enjoys what she does .Not just that, She always has a big Hi with a still wider smile to every person, kids and adults alike crossing here.

Initially I would just respond back with a hello and now we have a small conversation too. I noticed that she spreads her enthusiasm in life to quite a few of us at that crossing. Wish I could do my job with so much joy and enthusiasm every moment.

Just 2 minutes of my day spent with C, but as I said, the big grin of C keeps that smile a little longer in my head, through the busy day.

**This system is followed all thought the school zones here.

3 comments:

itsyvitsy said...

Nice! C truly seems a lady of character. It is people like them who can make your day at any moment. You only need to be in their vicinity and you already feel better than ever.

gampss said...

I've seen few of them, they stare @ me when I speed up in school zones!!

Swathy said...

you said it yourself, they stare because you "SPEED"