Tuesday 17 November 2009

Friends




My close friend Sm & me have 3 things in common we loved, atleast during my graduation days when we met as classmates in B.Arch.
Well, They were ( in order of pertinence) :
Harry Potter ( Books & movies) F.R.I.E.N.D.S and
Saurav Ganguly! ( dont ask me why and how, But we were in our teens then, uhhhhh.. almost ;) )

We would watch HP movies countless times, Bunk our training (I ll explain later in detail) to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S and risk our reputation by racing to the staff library when our darling was on the ground to ask the scores..
I was not really known to be sober, but for Sm to do that was a matter of jumping out of her whole character and being a oxymoron of herself! :)
But I still remember the time when I met F.R.I.E.N.D.S!
We have a semester of professional training and we both decided to do it in the same office.Since Sm 's originally Bangalore and her parents were away at that time, We were allowed to stay at her place and another friend Ch joined us. Now she got us all watching friends (ya, I am tired of writing it as it actually is, Please bear with me) and i remember the first episode while she explained the story and I actually was yawning throughout the episode and finally fell asleep. Hmmm, but soon the day came when Sm and me managed to call sick from training, just to watch what happens with Ross and Rachel :D
Why I remembered this today? I was watching an episode sitting all alone yesterday since Aj s away on work and remembered all those wonderful time we had back in college!
ah, the bliss..:)
This is one of our favourite episodes....Enjoy!!



6 comments:

Swaram said...

So nice to have friends like that and what fun to bunk classes n catch up wit a show ;)

itsyvitsy said...

Simply loved the statement "for Sm to do that was a matter of jumping out of her whole character and being a oxymoron of herself!". That was very intelligent. :-)

On the topic, need I say more? Friendships, that were intimate, no matter if you are out of reach shall remind you of the wonderful days.

Rakesh said...

Friends rock.... but i really don'tknow how u have seen HP....cant really make myself see that movie

Swathy said...

@ Swaram: I wish i could do that now... or may be I can - a la ross style. ;)

@ Vittal: u think so?
haha, thank you.
ya, it is precious.

@ Avi: hi, nice to see u back! Hp is my favourite!hmph!!! :X
;P

Reflections said...

I love Harry Potter too and have all the books & read them atleast once a year without fail;-).
I enjoy Friends too and admire Saurav Ganguly.....one of those rare captains who inspired the team:-))

Reflections said...

The last time I visted u I saw tht u had joined the NaBloPoMo and made up my mind to cheer u from the sidelines. I can understand how hard it must be to put up something everyday..

....good going Swathy:-))!!!!!