Tuesday 23 June 2009

is it just me?? :O

Scene 1:
As a kid, when I used to often visit my maternal uncle's place in Kerala.Having a farming background meant lots of people of work in the fields and in the farm.This scene which I am going to mention used to get repeated very often till..er... I grew out of it.. :P
I would be standing in the veranda,my mouth filled with some sweet/goodies my aunt s would have made till a lot of the women [working on the farm] would see me and come to say hello to me! :P
Thus a conversation would be typically like this:
W1: swadi kuttiyallo?[hey,isint this swathy kiddo??] **pinching my cheeks..
me: nan kutti yalla..big girl!!**rubbing my cheeks[u see,I used to speak Malayalam quite okaish as a kid, now its just past glory..hence I remember only these words..shame on me!! :(]
W1 and others would be a bit surprised at this snobbish remark coming from a 4- 6 year old that too mouth full ''eeks and would continue chatting to me anyway..carefull not to mention the "kutti" word!
The point then was I am not a kid..
I am a girl..A [big]GIRL!! :O

Scene 2 :
A 20 s something me go to a kids birthday party[Hey, don't think I am gate crashing,its just the kids parents are friends]
As always..Photo session time when someone announces OK.. All ladies photo!!
A tiny voice in my head: "ladies?" huh... just call us girls OK.. :O
The point now still remains the same:
I am a Girl..A big GIRl!!

Ahem!!
and we say boys will be boys!! :P (which is of course true...)

or...................is it just me???

7 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

heh heh..how about women? :P
:)
I really dont mind being called lady or girl or woman..
Its all the same
Cheers
preeti

Swathy said...

er... women s the next stage after lady i guess..
:P

Rakesh said...

hahaha so typical of girls....ahem ahem ladies or it is girls :-P

Swathy said...

It is girls :P..
hey, what s so typical ah??

Swaram said...

Ha ha ha .. cool one. I am a big girl too n nt sure how long I will b so ;)

BTW, I luv the name of ur blog :)

Swathy said...

@ swaram: you can be a big gurl as long as you want to..
honestly!!
:)
and thanks for th compliment!!
Not many would have ralised it is in Kannada, alva?

Swaram said...

Haudhu .. nanu first noddhaga Swathy na Anu na antha confuse agithu nange adhre ;)