Wednesday 1 July 2009

Just a thought..




P.S: I dont intend to hurt or doubt anyone s intentions by this post.But its just a thought..my thought..No particular event or incident made me think this.
In today s world, when we speak and believe of human equality and rights,I wish we could just eliminate the words "servant" or "maid".
I know the whole "dignity of labour" and related issues would say " what s the big deal , a job is a job is a job",and though I have never been closely associated with anyone in this line of work..I am sure no one would love to say "Oh,My mum s a maid" or " we have been servants for 3 generation"
cant we substitute this with the word "helper" or "house help"?
Now this starts another question saying"so even if you call a helper [lets keep this word from henceforth] a helper or president..it is not going to change their status or duties or responsibilities ,isn't it? then what s the fuss about?"
well.. Have you tried referring a person in such a position as a helper?It does make a lot of difference,I have seen it.
May not be by money or any other way, but just morally.
It will definitely boost self-esteem. I rest my case.
P.P.S: Now I am not an expert in this issue, as I said this was just the quickest,without second thought,boldest ever post I have made.
P.P.S: I clicked this picture.. Nothing great..But its one of my best ones..


5 comments:

Wormy said...

Yep.."How you say it" create a lot of difference. Instead of calling the waiter as "shoo shoo", we can say "excuse me" or "hello boss" :P

For example, "I TRUST you" is a better sentence than "I LOVE you", since you may not always trust the person you love, but you'll always love the person you trust. :)

P.S: I thought the post would be something related to the pic u clicked. :P LOL

Wormy said...

Hey and ya... the pic has come really beautiful :)

Hope to see more of your clicked pics :D

Swathy said...

@ shwetz: hmm.why dint I think about this picture thing earlier?
yes, Next time I may make it a seperate part of the post and write something about it.
Thanks for the idea.
yes, how we say things does make a lot of difference..oh! you have put that so correctly!

Swaram said...

Swathy, that's a really nice thought :) And I completely agree to it.

And that is indeed a gr8 pic!

Swathy said...

@ swaram..
tumba tumba dhanyavadagalu :)
[ thanks you very very much!!]
glad you think so too..