Monday 17 November 2008

Celebrate-25!!

Hi there!! Finally ...huffing and puffing I managed to hit a 25 no blog record!! 25 is such a beautiful number.. * tara rum pum pum... I am 25, my blog s 25... oh,it s so magical!! ok..ok.. Before I begin a weird jingle..let me write a special blog.. This blog is to celebrate and relish the days I spent back home in India!! the 5 weeks were just bliss full!! too beautiful.. A few glimpses as they say pictures speak more than words!!

Navratri- This is such a beautiful part of my Dasara vacations memory since childhood.I used to wait for those nine days of celebrations ;the procession of goddess Sharada is the best past of this. I had the opportunity of enjoying this colourful celebrations.


Folk dances, traditional costumes and music are always an integral part of these celebrations.Some pictures of the same:




Some random snaps of my visit this time to Ajay s native place - Honnavar in North Canara district.
The wonderful atmosphere, the scenic views were breathtaking!!












But the most important time of my trip was deepavali..The lamps,lights,fire-works .... Enjoyed every moment of it..



















Can you believe the last picture is actually a fluck picture of fireworks show at Malpe beach in Udupi?
Till I get to write something more..buh bye....
(lets hope I ll get something interesting to write by then...)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

honnavar? hey i ws born in honnavar!!

Swathy said...

@roohi,
:) :) :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

Congrats on your 25th post :)
Photos are lovely.
Cheers
preeti

Swathy said...

Thanks di!! :)

Uj said...

Madam.. blog update maadi!!

Swathy said...

hey ujwal..
ya, will come up with soemthing soon!!
having a bit of block!!

Swaram said...

Nice post n beautiful pics.

I am a true Geminian too :P

Swathy said...

@shwetha: thanks sweety..
@ Swaram: oh,yes you are!!
checked your blog too..damn neat!! :P