Friday 1 August 2008

Friends-Season 3


Dear Friend..

Remember those days when U might have given/recieved friendship card on this day-the 1 st of August!

I ve recieved some from u.. I remember..May have given you some too..May be we never celebrated friendship day at all...

U ve been there for me always..In different ways..during different times..


When in school,

u ve shared your lunch box with me..

helped me finish my incomplete home-work just before the teacher came in..

Prompted me with answer from the corner of your mouth when I got caught day-dreaming..

lent me your umbrella a dozen times when I d forgotten mine..

Taught me math which I simply was hopeless at,encouraged me during exams..


As teenegers..

U giggled at all my silly jokes and told me a few too..

U were my fashion critic..

U knew my secrets and the not-so secret one

remember oogling over ganguly/dravid/sharukh/akshay.. n those fights about them..

U consoled me like no-one else could when I would feel the world s against me..

U taught me values..U learnt some from me..


studying in Uni...Living in hostel..together..

All day long..all evening s together..

We shared loads of stuff..

Remeber lending me your accessories even before I mentioned..

We used to sit chatting late at night out in the cold corridoors with a hot cup of tea and chips..

Remember coming to wake me up and then coming all ready to go to college only to find me not yet ready.. and trying to finish my chores for me..

U always got me breakfast and lunch to room when I was down with fever or the ever-terrorising migranes..

U ve always cheered me at my success during exams irrespective how you fared...

U used to walk with me for kilomtres together just to give me company..

U knew each of my moods,U knew how to deal with my tantrums and attention-seeking demands..


when I joined Work...

U accepted me as one of u..

Always helped me get over the fear whether I ll fit in this place or not..

Sat waiting for me to finish that urgent peice of work even though you were getting late..

Remember those thousand pick-up s and drops you gave me..

Teased me.. mocked at me.. tortured me at times..

but still Loved me the most...


may be I never met you anywhere in the above mentioned ways..

U could be that cousin who was more a friend,less a cousin..

U are my sibling with whom I share a special bond..

Or

U accepted me as your soul-mate..

stood like a rock beside me taking all my pain as yours..

trusted me like no-one else did..

U love me each day like never before..



May be we are still in touch.. May be we still see each other everyday..

May be its more than a year since we met..

U might have scrapped or mailed me a few days back..

or it is possible we ve just lost each other in this crowd!!


But one thing has always been true...

U were always there..

U are still there..

Thank you so much!!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

a gurl who cares for others who always changes her role according to situation...a friend, a sis a mommy, a guide...u deserve the best in life....thankful to god for tht moment when he made us meet...thanks for sharing one of the most wonderful relation....and being also beside me during my best and imp phase of life...may we be the same till end and may u get many more friends during ur further journey of life...luv u...

Anonymous said...

aww..i misss u sooo much swathy!!!

Swathy said...

@soumya
May be its not everyday I say I remember you, I miss you..
But I do. I Always do..
Thanks sweety..
U are simply the best!!

@ roo..
Of course, I miss you always too roo..
I guess this is when we realise how much we miss each other in lives..
when we are together .. we never realise how precious those moments are..
we depart and we just think of those times we were together..
love you..

Preeti Shenoy said...

very sweetly expressed sentiments.
Cheers
preeti (just a mother of two)

Preeti Shenoy said...

No new posts?Just saying hi :)
Cheers
preeti